Arts Night 2021: Catalyst
Everist Gallery · April 2, 2021 – June 13, 2021 Arts Night – A Gala to Support the Washington Pavilion · Thursday, June 17, 2021
- EXHIBITION INFORMATION:
- Kellen Boice | Executive Director, Sioux Falls Arts Council
- Amy Fill | Gallery Director, University of South Dakota
- Angela Zonunpari | Editor in Chief, No Business Magazine and Writer & Public Relations, Ipso Gallery & Fresh Produce
Three Jurors’ Choice Awards will be given to artworks selected by the jurors. The three Jurors’ Choice Award winners will each receive $200 in prize money.
- EVENT INFORMATION:
- Arts Night is a fundraising event supporting the mission and programs of the Washington Pavilion. All artwork that is accepted into the show will be sold at the live event on June 17, 2021.
- Artwork will be featured online for pre-bidding.
- Artwork will be divided between the live and silent auctions at the discretion of the jurors and benefit auction consultant.
- All artwork will be featured onstage at Arts Night and receive equal promotion through the catalog and social media.
- Starting bid prices will be determined by VAC staff and Arts Night committee members.
- Artists will receive a free family membership to the Washington Pavilion and the option to choose one of the following perks: 25% of the auction sales price of your artwork, or one free ticket to the auction event (valued at $125). Artists may gift their free membership if they do not wish to use it themselves.
- A print catalog with an artist directory will be mailed to all Arts Night attendees and artists.
- Artists will be recognized at our Free First Friday reception on April 2, 2021.
- Mar. 1, 2021 All submissions are due by 11:59 p.m. CST
- Mar. 5, 2021 Notification of acceptance
- Mar. 19, 2021 Accepted artworks must arrive at the VAC by 4 p.m.
- Artwork for The Wall must arrive at the VAC by 4 p.m. (see additional form for more info)
- Apr. 2, 2021 Exhibition opens
- Apr. 2, 2021 Free First Friday celebration
- June 13, 2021 Exhibition closes
- June 17, 2021 Arts Night 2021: Catalyst, A Gala to Support the Washington Pavilion
- SUBMISSION DIRECTIONS:
- Artists may submit up to three artworks. Entries consist of an online form and digital images.
- All artists must fill out the online form at www.washingtonpavilion.org/artsnight. Images submitted without a form will not be reviewed.
- Submit digital images of your artworks in JPEG format to email@example.com.
- Each image file name should be the artist’s last name, first name, and artwork number (i.e. Smith_Jane_1)
- Images should be high quality and no smaller than 1000 pixels in any direction, and at least 72dpi
- For 3D artworks, artists may send up to 3 photos for each submitted piece, to be labeled Smith_Jane_1_detail1, Smith_Jane_1_detail2, etc.
- The submission deadline for the Arts Night 2021 juried exhibition is 11:59 p.m. CST on March 1, 2021.
- We can only accept ready-to-hang, original artwork created by the artist submitting it.
Interested in learning about another way to support the Visual Arts Center at Arts Night 2021? Ask us about The Wall, a series of 8” x 8” artworks featured in the Arts Night exhibition and auction. Artists are welcome to participate in one or both of these opportunities.
Download Submission Here Arts Night 2021 Prospectus.