JOB AND INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Sioux Falls Arts Council 2021 Internship
Description: The Sioux Falls Arts Council (SFAC) seeks a energetic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity for those seeking experience with various aspects of marketing while working in a casual work environment. Through this internship you will build professional skills implementing organizational communications and marketing strategies. The Communications Intern will work independently and, in a team, to fulfill organizational goals and initiatives related to programming and events.
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc. Previous experience a plus.
- Completed or working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field (e.g., Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations
- Must be computer literate and working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop highly desired.
- Knowledge of website content management Word Press, and email systems Mail Chimp.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, good time management, creative, with ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to work well independently, and with Executive Director
- Must have ability to work remotely when needed.
- Assist in planning, designing, writing, and managing monthly e-blasts (Mail Chimp).
- Update organization website (WordPress) with relevant news, resources page, event calendar, etc.
- Create website and social media content and other marketing material
- Update and maintain SFAC social media presence, including daily monitoring, posting, and scheduling. Provide input for creative marketing strategies and social media campaigns.
- Keep track and update Board of Directors with Monthly Matrix of communications efforts.
- Collaborate with Executive Director on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications.
Start Date: Early May
Hours: 20 hours/week
Please a send cover letter, resume, sample of writing and graphic portfolio to Kellen Boice at firstname.lastname@example.org.