Regional Calls for Art
Regional Calls for Art 2020-2021
ANNUAL ART COLLECTIVE
- June 18th & 19th 2020
- 2 day art-market style event featuring the works of local artists in Sioux Falls
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot to sell your work
ART FOR STATE BUILDINGS PROPOSALS
- South Dakota artists have until March 9, 2020, to submit purchase proposals for the Art for State Buildings Program.
- The Art for State Buildings program was created for the purpose of adding the work of talented South Dakota artists to the state’s permanent art collection for display in areas of state government buildings with significant public access.
- Work purchased will be installed in public access areas of the Capitol and/or other state buildings on the Capitol Complex in Pierre.
- Proposals for purchase should be submitted to the South Dakota Arts Council, the agency charged with managing the program.
- South Dakota artists whose body of work has contributed to the state’s cultural heritage and development are encouraged to apply.
- Proposals will be reviewed by an advisory committee to theSouth Dakota Arts Council. Selection will be based on:
- quality of the work
- the artwork’s relevance to South Dakota culture, history, heritage, or environment
- experience of the artist
- permanence and safety, as required for public artworks
- For a complete request for proposal, visit https://artscouncil.sd.gov/directories/artstatebldgs.aspx, call 605-773-3301, email email@example.com or write the South Dakota Arts Council at 711 E. Wells Ave., Pierre, SD 57501.
WASHINGTON PAVILION VISUAL ARTS CENTER EXHIBIT PROPOSALS
- The Visual Arts Center welcomes proposals for exhibitions of artwork from all historical periods, media and genres of visual art. Proposals may be submitted by artists, curators, collectors or agents of exhibitions.
- Proposals for exhibitions at the Visual Arts Center are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- The Exhibition Committee meets on the third Wednesday of every other month to review proposals. The exhibition schedule is booked 1-3 years in advance.
- Exhibitions are selected based upon the quality of the work in the proposal, the strength of the exhibition concept, the compatibility of the proposed exhibition with the existing exhibition calendar and the relevance of the proposal to the mission of the Visual Arts Center.
- To apply, click here.
VISHNU BUNNY TATTOO- THIRD EYE GALLERY
- CALL FOR ARTISTS
- If you paint, draw, sculpt, photograph, we want to see your stuff for upcoming Third Eye Gallery shows.
- Contact Mike Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call (605)251-2000
- Check out the Arts South Dakota website for additional opportunities here.
SOUTH DAKOTA IN POEMS: AN ANTHOLOGY SUBMISSIONS OPEN
- Poet Laureate, Christine Stewart-Nuñez seeks poetry
- “As state poet laureate, I’m seeking submissions of poems by South Dakotans about people, landscapes, and cultural life of our state for South Dakota in Poems: An Anthology.”
- Submissions will also be considered for publication on the South Dakota State Poetry Society’s website: sdpoetry.org.
- Poems should speak to cultural life in South Dakota: histories, people, places, landscapes, traditions, languages, habits, attitudes, etc.
- Author should have strong ties to South Dakota: If you are not a current resident, you must have lived in South Dakota for at least five years. Please note this in your submission bio.
- Unpublished/retained rights: These poems may be previously published, but you need to retain the rights or attain permission for republishing.
- Submit 1-3 poems in one Word document (.docx or .doc) to https://sdsps.submittable.com/submit
- In your cover letter, write a brief, third-person bio (75 words or less) that describes your residential tie to South Dakota.
- Deadline: March 1, 2020.
- For more info, click here.
PERFORMANCE VENUE OPPORTUNITIES FOR LOCAL AND TOURING BANDS AT TOTAL DRAG
- Contact Dan Nissen at email@example.com for more info on booking
Please submit all calls for art to Angelica Mercado-Ford, at firstname.lastname@example.org