Regional Calls for Art
Regional Calls for Art 2020-2021
DTSF EAST BANK BLOCK PARTY MARKETPLACE JULY 3, 2020
Block Party Marketplace Vendor Fees:
- Regular: $50 for a 10’ x 10’ Space
- Non-Profit: $40 for a 10′ x 10′ Space
Vendor Clean up Deposit – separate $50 check *
- Deposit amount refundable if no labor or cleaning services are needed for your area afterwards. Deposit will be kept if you fail to show up to the event.
- Each Block Party will run from 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m and is held in the 8th & Railroad Center parking lot. Estimated attendance is 2,000 – 3,000. Limited seating will be available for attendees and entertainment will consist of live musical performances. Vendors must be completely set up and ready for business by 4:30 p.m., and begin tear down promptly at 10:00 p.m. Arrival and set up begins between 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. the afternoon of the event. Vendors must be prepared for health inspections; these will likely take place starting at 4:00 p.m. Vendors will be given a map prior to the event indicating their location, which will be determined by the Event Coordinator.
Vendor Selection Process
- DTSF members will receive first consideration to obtain a vendor booth. Once those are chosen, we will select outside vendors based on the following criteria:
- Uniqueness and attractiveness of product
- Reasonable prices/good product value to customers
- Opportunity for new vendors/variety
- Past Participation – any past working experience between DTSF and vendor must be positive. Was vendor:
- Courteous to DTSF staff and customers?
- Adherence to rules?
- Adherent to offering products stated in application?
- Attractive, clean setup
- Timeliness of complete application submission
Quality of Presentation/Equipment, Fire & Cleaning Regulations
- All vendors must have a professional presentation, and will be responsible for supplying own canopy, tables, equipment, garbage receptacle and whatever else is necessary for the successful booth operation. Signage and banners need to be clean and professional looking.
- All vendors will be located on pavement. Please come prepared with canopy weights.
- All vendors must dispose of their trash and recyclables properly.
- A separate cleaning deposit check is required, but will only be cashed if additional labor or cleaning services are needed to clean your area afterwards OR if you do not show up to the event. If not cashed, this check will be returned after the event.
- No plastic bags – vendors will not be allowed to hand out products in plastic bags. Paper or reusable bags are acceptable.
- No Styrofoam – vendors will not be allowed to use or hand out items in Styrofoam.
- We will do our best to provide a power source to vendors who have specifically requested electrical.
- Vendors must supply their own heavy-duty extension cords and indicate on the application how much power is needed. We will do our best to accommodate and inform you if we can’t.
- DTSF will have an electrician (pending availability) on site to assist with hook-up.
Vendors must have liability insurance for this event. At time of application, we ask that you submit a copy of your General Liability Insurance Policy listing Downtown Sioux Falls, Inc. as additionally insured. No one will be allowed to vend at the Downtown Block Party on the Eastbank without proof of liability. If you have already submitted this to DTSF for a previous 2020 event and it is valid through at least September 4, 2020, you do not need to submit it again.
Contact Sarah Lovre at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-338-4009
CITY OF SIOUX FALLS ANNUAL STORM INLET PAINTING PROJECT
- The City of Sioux Falls is calling on local artists to paint murals on storm drains as part of the annual Storm Inlet Painting Project. The project provides a distinctive canvas for public art, as well as an educational opportunity to highlight the need to protect our water systems.
- Design proposals from organizations or individuals are due by 5 p.m. on Monday, June 29, 2020. Artists should propose an inlet location in their submission; location is contingent on City approval. Each proposal should include artwork that includes messages supporting water quality initiatives. The six winning artists will be selected by the City of Sioux Falls and the Sioux Falls Visual Arts Commission. Each winner will receive $200 compensation for the design and painting.
- The City is partnering with Norberg Paints who has donated the project supplies, including a special sealant that will be applied to the completed paintings to help keep the murals intact. When the artwork begins to fade, it will be completely removed to ensure the paint doesn’t end up in the storm drains.
- For a map of inlet locations, photos of past entries, and other submission information, visit siouxfalls.org/green and select “Inlet Art Project.”
SOUTH DAKOTA HIGH SCHOOL CONGRESSIONAL ART COMPETITION
Submissions are excepted only via email and should be accompanied by the student release form. Contest specifications, guidelines, and forms are online.
PACKARD GROUP NATIONAL EXHIBITION 2020
- The Packard Group National Exhibition will provide artists the opportunity to display their art at No. 7 Center in Vermillion, SD. This exhibition will be curated by Klaire A. Lockheart, and all entries that follow the guidelines will be included in the show. The deadline for entry and exhibition dates are rescheduled due to the recent pandemic. The reception will take place on Friday, June 19, 2020. At this time, we plan to have open gallery times, but we will wait to announce the dates. An online gallery will be available through www.klairelockheart.com.
- Any artist in the United States can submit artwork. There is a $20 entry fee, and a $10 return shipping fee. The total cost of entry is $30. Artwork without return shipping will not be returned. There is an optional artwork exchange with this exhibition. Artists who elect to participate in the artwork exchange will pay the $5 exchange fee with their application, and a randomly selected artwork created by a different artist will be sent to them. Participation in the artwork exchange is not required, but it is a fun way to acquire original art.
11/20/2019: Opportunity opens
05/30/2020: All submissions must be received
06/19/2020: Reception from 6-8 pm at No. 7 Center St., Vermillion, SD 57069
TBD: Open Gallery at No. 7 Center St., Vermillion, SD 57069
06/19/2020: Online gallery publication on www.klairelockheart.com
07/13-17/2020: All artwork with return shipping will be mailed
All 2D media is welcome
All art must be 8×10” or smaller
Artwork must be ready to hang (wired, foam core mounted, or framed)
Artists may submit up to 3 pieces, but each entry must include the exhibition application, entry fee, and return shipping fee
No hateful, misogynistic, or racist imagery will be accepted
Fore more info click here.
ANNUAL ART COLLECTIVE
- June 18th & 19th 2020
- 2 day art-market style event featuring the works of local artists in Sioux Falls
- Email email@example.com to reserve a spot to sell your work
WASHINGTON PAVILION VISUAL ARTS CENTER EXHIBIT PROPOSALS
- The Visual Arts Center welcomes proposals for exhibitions of artwork from all historical periods, media and genres of visual art. Proposals may be submitted by artists, curators, collectors or agents of exhibitions.
- Proposals for exhibitions at the Visual Arts Center are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- The Exhibition Committee meets on the third Wednesday of every other month to review proposals. The exhibition schedule is booked 1-3 years in advance.
- Exhibitions are selected based upon the quality of the work in the proposal, the strength of the exhibition concept, the compatibility of the proposed exhibition with the existing exhibition calendar and the relevance of the proposal to the mission of the Visual Arts Center.
- To apply, click here.
VISHNU BUNNY TATTOO- THIRD EYE GALLERY
- CALL FOR ARTISTS
- If you paint, draw, sculpt, photograph, we want to see your stuff for upcoming Third Eye Gallery shows.
- Contact Mike Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call (605)251-2000
- Check out the Arts South Dakota website for additional opportunities here.
PERFORMANCE VENUE OPPORTUNITIES FOR LOCAL AND TOURING BANDS AT TOTAL DRAG
- Contact Dan Nissen at email@example.com for more info on booking
Please submit all calls for art to Angelica Mercado-Ford, at firstname.lastname@example.org