Guitarist Geoff Gunderson has been performing for over three decades in and around Sioux Falls, South Dakota. With legendary groups such as popular 80’s rock band Wakefield and the more recent Jukebox Zeroes, Geoff has headlined on stages across the Midwest as well as opened for artists including ZZ Top, Foreigner, Joan Jett, Sugarland, Rick Springfield, Nightranger, The Bodeans and many others.
Geoff serves as the guitar instructor at Augustana University in Sioux Falls and Dordt College in Sioux Center teaching classical and contemporary guitar. He is also the Director of the nationally accredited Childbloom Guitar Program of Sioux Falls, designed for young people age 5 and over. Along with teaching, Geoff performs frequently both as a solo artist and with other groups. In addition to Wakefield and the Jukebox Zeroes, Geoff has performed with the South Dakota Symphony, the Sioux City Symphony, the Sioux City “Rockestra”, the Kickin’ Brass Band, and many others.
As a solo artist Geoff plays a wide variety of genres from classical and finger-style arrangements of popular songs to a mixture of pop, rock, blues, jazz and just about anything you can request.
A lifelong resident of Sioux Falls, Geoff lives with his wife, Erin, and enjoys spending time with his daughters and grandchildren.
Awards & achievements
• Inducted into South Dakota Rock and Roll Music Association Rock and Roll Hall of Fame | 2017
• Childbloom Guitar Program’s Director of the Year | 201
• Childbloom Guitar Program’s Student Motivator Award | 2013
• Austin, Texas Training and Licensing in the Childbloom Guitar Program | 2009
• Completed Master Clinics with notable guitarists including the L.A. Guitar Quartet, Eliot
Fisk, and Pepe Romero
• South Carolina Suzuki Institute Training | 1995
• Studied with Arlin Harris at Augustana College
• Studied with Christopher Johnson at the University of South Dakota