Ann McKay Thompson has been serving as the Sioux Falls Arts Council Transition Executive Director since January 1, 2015. The SFAC Board of Directors would like to thank Ann for the outstanding job she has done for the organization and the community. Ann has decided to step down as Executive Director, but will help as a consultant on several short term projects. Thanks to Ann’s leadership, the SFAC is now ready to begin recruiting a permanent Executive Director.
The formal search for an Executive Director is underway. Monica Huber will be leading the search process on behalf of the Board. Inquiries and applications should be forwarded to SFAC Office Manager Jennifer Oehme at joehme@ArtsSiouxFalls.org.
The Executive Director of the SFAC will work with the Board and staff to carry out the organization’s mission “to enrich Sioux Falls culture, economy and opportunity by building a stronger and more vibrant arts community.”
Knowledge and Abilities
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience in non-profit organization development, fundraising, community/government relationships, and project management along with a demonstrated passion for the arts.
- The SFAC Executive Director will facilitate the development of a long-term and sustainable business plan that addresses the implementation of Sioux Falls Imagined: A Cultural Plan for a Vibrant and Prosperous City.
- Bachelor’s degree in arts management, non-profit management or business management. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in management. Other qualifying experience may be considered.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Budget development, management, fundraising and grant writing experience.