JOB AND INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Send arts-related job postings, calls for visual, music, literary and performing art and/or auditions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
VISUAL ARTS CENTER CURATORIAL INTERNSHIP
- An intern in the Visual Arts Center will learn firsthand the ins and outs of an accredited art museum with
a focus on gallery prep, art handling, exhibition installation, writing exhibition content, as well as
assistance with the VAC Collections and other related details.
- Candidates must be willing to serve in a hands-on capacity, be available at least 12 hours a week and have a strong desire to work in a museum setting.
- Existing knowledge about art handling is preferred.
- The Visual Arts Center is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums and features seven galleries as well as a Permanent Collection of more than 1600 artworks.
- For more information about internships at the Washington Pavilion, please contact the Internship
Coordinator at email@example.com or 605-367-7397 x 2348.
- Start dates will vary depending on the student’s schedule and supervising department’s needs.
- To review application, click here.
Internship Term Application Deadline Summer Term (May-Aug) March 1 Fall Term (Sept-Dec) September 1 Winter/Spring Term (Jan-May) November 1
JAM INTERNSHIPS 2017/2018
- We are looking for the following interns for Fall 2017, Spring 2018, and Summer 2018:
- Retail and Marketing Intern
- Website and Marketing Intern
- Journalism/Blogging Intern
- Applications are ongoing for the Fall 2017 Semester and Spring 2018.
- For more info click here.
- SOUTH DAKOTA SYMPHONY INTERN
- Undergraduate or Graduate level student pursuing a music or arts management degree
- Able to offer college credit and $300 honorarium
- 10 hours/week, flexible scheduling
- Visit here for more details.
THE SIOUX FALLS JAZZ & BLUES SOCIETY BOARD OF DIRECTORS IS ACTIVELY SEEKING A NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- For contact info, click here.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER/DIGITAL MEDIA SPECIALIST -SIOUX FALLS CATHOLIC SCHOOLS
- Collaborate with the marketing team to execute the digital marketing efforts of Sioux Falls Catholic Schools through design, digital media galleries and website management.
- Provide design and illustration (digital and/or traditional) from conception to completion (ex. t-shirts design, promotional materials for system and individual schools).
- Main contact for website, responsible for updating and maintaining content, photos and links.
- Develop and manage digital media galleries
- Do layout/design for publications
- Updating publications to website
- Deadline oriented. Ability to manage time, multi-task and prioritize projects
- Qualifications:*Associate’s degree with experience or Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media or similar major, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, excellent verbal and written communication skills essential to team collaboration, proven ability to develop projects as assigned with minimal supervision, effective time management skills required to understand priorities and mange workload.
- For more info, click here.
WASHINGTON PAVILION’S ACTION ARTS & SCIENCE PROGRAM LEAD INSTRUCTORS
- The Washington Pavilion is seeking one or two lead instructors for our award-winning Action Arts & Science after school program for the 2017-18 school year.
- Our instructors bring high-quality art and science experiences to about 450 children a week with otherwise limited access to extracurricular activities.
- Our community partners include Title I schools such as Lowell, Garfield and Terry Redlin elementary as well as the Multi-Cultural Center, the Bowden Youth Center and JDC.
- We are super excited about engaging students with hands-on activities that promote positive youth development and 21st century skills through positive adult mentorship.
- Here is a link to a short video that sums up AASP (https://goo.gl/AwZtzL).
- Our instructors come from diverse backgrounds: retired classroom teachers, career substitute teachers, college students from diverse majors, professional artists and scientists.
- Interest and applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACRYLIC PAINTING INSTRUCTOR- MICHAELS
- Acrylic painting instructor wanted to teach art classes at the Michaels store in Sioux Falls, SD!
- This is a part-time, permanent position.
- This is a great opportunity for an artist who would like to be able to offer classes, but does not have his or her own studio space to do so.
- We are looking for instructors who: -have the ability to paint realistically -have the ability to teach realistic acrylic painting classes -have the willingness to market their classes and build their own student base.
- Duration: Classes are two hours in length.
- The goal of each class is for students to leave with a finished painting.
- All Grumbacher art instructors who teach classes at Michaels must become certified through Grumbacher. TO APPLY FOR CERTIFICATION (free of charge) : Visit jobs.grumbacher.com to start the process.
- For more info click here.
CERTIFIED ART FRAMER – MICHAELS
- Position: Certified Framer
- Basic Functions: The Certified Framer is enthusiastic and passionate about Creativity, People and Arts and Crafts.
- Certified Framers are responsible for sales of Custom Framing and Ready Made frames, following and administering the work flow production system under the supervision of the Framing Manager.
- This position has responsibility for assisting the Framing Manager in planning the production of orders, placing material orders and maintenance of the frame shop as well as taking orders, providing exceptional customer service and the production of orders.
- To apply, click here.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES WITH SOUTH DAKOTA SYMPHONY
- Violin, Flute II, Viola, Cello
- For more info click here.
JAM ART AND SUPPLIES
- At JAM we are always looking for volunteers. Donating your time is an amazing way to help us with our mission. Your time commitment can be as big or little as you would like.
- Volunteer opportunities include:– Managing the store during open hours
– Writing a column on the blog
– Contributing one-off, guest posts to the blog
– Teaching an art or craft class for the public
– Helping with JAM-hosted events such as the annual
Sweet Art Show and supply drives
- To learn more, click here.