Calls for Art
Please send Call for Art Announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org
STREET MUSICIAN PROGRAM – DOWNTOWN SIOUX FALLS, INC.
- Downtown Sioux Falls, Inc. is accepting applications for the 2017 summer Street Musician Program.
- If scheduled, compensation for one 2-hour performance will be $100.00 per group.
- Available performance slots are from 7:00-9:00pm on Friday and Saturday evenings during the months of June, July, and August. Apply here.
- Deadline: Sunday, March 26th.
CALL FOR POEMS
- Scurfpea Publishing invites submissions for their 2017 anthology of poems. Learn more.
- Deadline: Sunday, April 30th.
- The Mayor’s Disability Awareness Commission is hosting an exhibit and artists’ reception for local artists with disabilities. Learn more.
- Deadline: Friday, March 31st.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUB
- The Boys & Girls Club is hosting an event at Grand Falls on April 28th and is soliciting donations for a silent auction. Apply here.
- Deadline: April 18th.
CENTER FOR WESTERN STUDIES
- The Center for Western Studies presents “Weathered: The Northern Plains Landscape as Shaped by the Elements.”
- Regional artists will submit works that demonstrate how weather impacts the Northern Plains. Learn more.
- Deadline: Friday, March 31.
PIPER CUSTOM FRAMING & FINE ART GALLERY
- Piper Custom Framing & Fine Art Gallery is making room for new work in their gallery, and is seeking both emerging and established artists to represent. Learn more.
WEIN GALLERY PRESENTATION COLLEGE
- Presentation College is looking for artists to exhibit their work in the newly restored Wein Gallery. Exhibitions are currently being filled for four or eight week increments starting October 2017 through August 2018. Learn more.
REIMAGINED BOOK COVERS ART SHOW
- Siouxland Libraries is seeking submissions for a Reimagined Book Covers Art Show to be held at the Downtown Library May 1- June 30.
- Deadline: Monday, April 17.
FESTIVAL OF CULTURES
- Call for vendors & entertainment for the Multi-Cultural Center of Sioux Falls Festival of Cultures, June 17th, 2017. Learn more.
- Earlybird registration deadline: March 1st.
- Registration deadline: May 20th.
FINDING OUR VOICES
- “Finding Our Voices” will be holding its second exhibit of South Dakota survivors’ artwork, and is seeking submissions. Learn more.
- Deadline: April 5th.
MENTOR OPPORTUNITY WITH ASPIRE SOUTH DAKOTA
- ASPIRE is seeking an art mentor for an artistically inclined youth (aged 14-16). This individual is interested in drawing and painting.
- Email Linda Schoon, case manager at ASPIRE, with any questions or if you are interested in this wonderful opportunity to help foster a youth’s love of art.
- ASPIRE helps youths with disabilities go to work and advance their education. Learn more.
EMERGING ARTIST PROGRAM – DC Gallery
- The Sioux Falls Design Center is taking applications to feature South Dakota’s emerging artists in its DC Gallery. Get the details here.
- March Presentation application due January 31, 2017
- June Presentation application due April 30, 2017
- September Presentation application due July 7, 2017
- December Presentation application due October 31, 2017
ARTISTS IN SCHOOLS & COMMUNITIES – South Dakota Arts Council
- Artist applications for the Artists In Schools and Communities program must be made on line through SDAC’s e-grant system on or before September 1. Hard-copy application submitted through the mail or by fax will NOT be accepted. Endorsements will be announced in December for the fiscal year starting July 1. Artists are endorsed for a three year period.
- Get the details here.
- Deadline: September 1st.
MUSEUM OF VISUAL MATERIALS – Main Gallery & Faithe Gallery
- Get the details here.
THE LOCAL ARTIST
- The Local Artist, a free print publication showcasing local artists, will be accepting submissions until March 15th at midnight.
- Submit work here.
- What you get if you’re selected:
- Feedback on your submission from art professionals
- Artwork displayed at TLA release party exhibitions
- Your work published and distributed across the state
- An artist page on our website
- and more!
WOMEN, GENDER & SEXUALITY STUDIES AT USD
- The University of South Dakota’s Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies Program is seeking submissions of artwork for an exhibition in conjunction with the program’s biennial conference. Learn more about the conference.
- Submit image(s) of 300 dpi and information to email@example.com by Friday, February 24th. Artists will be notified by Wednesday, March 1st. Artwork must be received by Sunday, March 19th. Work must be ready to install. Please include the following when submitting:
- Find this CFA on Facebook & learn more about USD’s Women, Gender & Sexuality Program.
RePRESENT: Arts Night 2017 Call for Art – Washington Pavilion
- Deadline: January 13th, 2017
- Get the details here.
- Deadline: December 15th, 2016
- Entries must be postmarked no later than December 16, 2016
- Deadline: December 20th, 2016
- Open to all artists in Sioux Falls and surrounding area. All artists are encouraged to submit one or two pieces. Outsider art is encouraged. You must also include a short (no more than two paragraphs) bio and a 2 – 3 sentence description of each piece, including price if for sale. All pieces sold must remain up for the duration of the show. Get more details here.
- Entries must be postmarked no later than December 9, 2016
- Deadline: October 29, 2016
- Learn more here.
THE CENTER FOR WESTERN STUDIES AUGUSTANA UNIVERSITY – 37th Annual CWS Artists of the Plains Art Show & Sale
- Deadline: September 9, 2016
- Learn more here.
Kicking off Recovery Month,Tallgrass Recovery will present the 4th Annual Recovery Art Show on Friday, September 2, 2016 at Exposure Gallery and Studios. “What Recovery Looks Like to You” and “What Addiction Looks Like to You” will remain the themes of the show.
- Deadline: August 20, 2016
- Deadline: August 15, 2016
- Deadline: Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016 (no later than 5PM)
Storm Inlet Painting Project
The Storm Inlet Painting Project was started as a collaboration between the City of Sioux Falls and the Sioux Falls Green Business Program to “adopt a storm drain” by painting a message related to water quality and how pollution from a storm drainage system goes directly to the Big Sioux River on a storm drain inlet. Six inlets were painted by participating Green Businesses. Two storm inlets remain unpainted and available for community artists to submit designs.
Art on the Boardwalk
Regional artists are invited to show & sell their original work at “Art on the Boardwalk,” a one day outdoor art festival sponsored by Eastbank Art Gallery. The event will take place on Sunday, August 7th from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm outside 8th & Railroad Center in Sioux Falls. Cost is $40 for a 10’ x 10’ exhibit area.
More information here[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]