One of the goals of the Sioux Falls Arts Council this year is to create and expand our artists and creative workers database. We are doing this for several important reasons:
- The Sioux Falls Arts Council is transforming from a community organization that focuses on events to one that additionally conducts activities that build and support the arts and culture as an industry, resulting in a national arts and cultural city full of economic promise and high quality of life because of it.
- We want to form a network of creative workers so we have an outstanding communication line as we grow in our arts and culture industry here in the Sioux Falls area.
- We want to be able to quickly and effectively notify artists and creative workers of opportunities for income as we put forward Calls for Art, business opportunities, available scholarships and residencies, grant deadlines, connections to instructors, and anything else that increases the livelihood of our industry.
- People in the Association will receive notification of forthcoming events and opportunities to serve on juried shows.
- The network will allow us to have gatherings for training, conversation, or hear opportunities/concerns in the arts and culture sector for us all to address.
- And it will be a network where we can gather to honor those talented individuals or companies in the creative industry, especially during the Mayor’s Awards for the Arts.
If you are already in our database, please still complete this survey so we can ensure we have your most current information.
Please feel free to forward along to others!